Meth refers to the drug methamphetamine that stimulates the central nervous system. It is mainly used as a recreational drug and a source of the second-line treatment for the attention of hyperactivity disorder and obesity.
Meth addiction refers to many adverse effects. Rehabilitation therapy can cure it as it consists of extensive therapies to disinfect drug-seeking behaviors, build better coping mechanisms, and teach prevention skills.
Various phases of the meth rehab
- Phase 1– To create and initiate a customized care plan that includes the patient’s assessment and admission. Firstly, the patient will meet the professional who will treat him and figure out the best solutions. The ultimate goal is to focus on the patient’s medical, emotional, and social activities using a personalized treatment plan.
- Phase 2 [Meth Detox] – Detoxing all the addictive substances from your body. It includes removing all the toxic substances like certain drugs, including heroin and opioids, from the body under a medically supervised process and medical interventions.
- Phase 3- Now, the full focus is on recovery. It is a phase of forming a foundation of the long-term treatment effects, including a speedy and safe recovery. The next step is PHP [partial hospitalization program], which includes the different treatment levels with all the withdrawal symptoms.
- Phase 4- It is the phase of individual therapy when the person tries to recall his drug addiction’s major reason and why he started misusing it. Patients are taught the different strategies to overcome them.
- Phase 5- involves family therapy where many rehabilitation camps allow and offer family members a part of this program. Here, family members are encouraged to participate in the therapy sessions and try to resolve the issues.
- Phase 6 includes the procedure of continuous healing for the patient’s long-term recovery by building solid plans involving a sober lifestyle and continued therapies, including yoga and meditation.
Excess of anything is not good for health. The same will be considered in the case of the meth drug. Though it is used in medical treatment as well as addiction to it will lead to adverse effects. So, by following all the rehab techniques properly, one can get over the meth addiction.